Thursday, August 11, 2011

Raw Chocolate Cake - Part A (Raw food, Vegan)

This year, I wanted a raw birthday cake and while it was a little pricey, it was well worth the cost and the time.  Below is the recipe with my notes.  I may make the "cake" part again for raw food bars.

Oasis Living Cuisine, "Purely Delicious - Raw Food" Winter 2010 pg 33
Purelydelicious.net

2c walnuts pieces soaked 2 hours or more
11/2 cups maple syrup
1 c filtered water. (I forgot this step)
1 t vanilla extract (I used raw powder)
2 cups sifted cocoa powder, raw (I used unsifted cacao power)
2 cups almond flour
1 t sea salt

Modified instructions:
Mix walnuts, maple syrup, vanilla and water in high speed blender.
Combine in a bowl the everything else. Then mix everything together using your hands and try to get ride of the lumps.   It says to line a sheet pan with parchment and then add mixture (then smooth it out) before putting it in the dehydrator for 24 hours.  My sheet pans are too big so I used 2 screens with the no sticky sheets instead. After 20 mins, re-smoothed the batter and shored up the edges.

Since I spread it out over two sheets and forgot the water, it took only 12 hours to dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment