Thursday, August 11, 2011

Chocolate Sauce for raw cake or whatever –Part C (Raw food, vegan)



Of the three parts to the cake, I liked this part the least. Perhaps it is because I made so much raw chocolate bars that I got tired of the taste of chocolate. That being said, it is the easiest part of the cake to make. Next time, I would try a vegan whipped cream or a raw raspberry sauce instead on the raw cake, but I could see making this to top fruit.

1 c cocoa powder (I used cacao blended in blender.)
1/4 c coconut butter
1 T coconut oil
1 pinch sea salt

Create a double boiler with the bottom water temp being close to 140 and heat and stir ingredients for 15 mines. Sauce keeps for a week. Pour on top of the cake.

The sauce needs to get to 100 degrees to temper, which is important if you’re using this mixture to in chocolate molds.


Oasis Living Cuisine, "Purely Delicious - Raw Food" Winter 2010 pg 33
Purelydelicious.net

No comments:

Post a Comment